I have been in the Health & Wellness Business since 1973 and I am tired of hearing people make excuses for weight gain.
It is a fact that if you STOP EATING you will reduce your MASS, both Fat and Lean Mass. The Concentration Camps in Nazi Germany were proof of this with of variety of body types who entered the camps. Of Course we all know the horrific outcome. So Stop with the excuses already and face the facts.
10 x Lean Mass (LM)
If you want to shrink down -do not exceed- eating 10 x your Lean Mass (LM) daily for the next 90 days and see what happens. Lean Mass = 160 pounds x 10 = 1,600 Calories!
How to figure this is simple:
- Scale Weight 200-lb
- 20% body fat (40-lbs of Adiposity/Fat. (FM))
- 160 pounds lean mass (200-40). (LM) .
This person should consume no more than 1,600 Calories a day for 90 days regardless of exercise pattern. Remember you are in a Negative Energy Mode, so suck it up and go to work. Stop Making excuses!
Eat LESS! Even LIVE Longer!
Far and away the best way to do this is:
- Get a moderate about of protein about 15%-20% of total daily calories. Sample is 1,600 calories total, so 240-320 calories from lean quality wild meat, fish, organic egg's ect.
- Source your carbohydrates (50%-60% total calories) from: low-glycemic minimally processed- to NON-Processed vegetables. I personally have eliminated all wheat products, I find they just acidify and inflame, so trash them, who needs to be swollen and red with aching joints? 50%-60% may sound high, but keep in mind these are NON-Processed whole foods and we are basing this on a reduced caloric intake. 800-960 calories from Spinach, Kale, Beets, Carrots, Onions, Garlic, Peppers ect it is a lot of food, so you will not starve. Best if you never see a Packaged Product, good food is generally found in the parameter of the store, forget about the middle unless you want one, a big one!
- Get your fat from good fat: Olives, Olive Oil, Avocado's, good salad dressing ect. Turns out to be about 25%-30% of total Calories. 400-480 calories.
- Keep in mind Grams by Calorie by Macro-nutrient: Protein 4cal per gram, Carb 4-cal per gram and Fat 9-cal per gram.
This is NOT a Low Fat Diet nor is it a Low Carbohydrate Diet, you need both. This is a SMART Diet. A way of LIFE! If you must Label it, I suppose Proper Glycemic Index, or Low Glycemic Index, even High Thermogenic index would work
- The low-glycemic index diet, made up of minimally processed grains, vegetables, healthy fats, legumes and fruits, gathered 50-60 percent of daily calories from carbohydrates, 25-30 percent from fat, and 15-20 percent from protein. Low-glycemic index (high thermogenic) carbohydrates digest slowly, helping to keep blood sugar and hormones stable after the meal.
Let me know how much you shrink in 90 days!